    Therefore, I am wondering whether you could give me some advice regarding on
    how to get those drivers.

    Cheers.

    Teddy Bear, Sep 6, 2005

  2. Teddy Bear

    tod Guest

    tod, Sep 6, 2005

  3. Teddy Bear

    Teddy Bear Guest

    Teddy Bear, Sep 6, 2005
  4. Teddy Bear

    tod Guest

    Should still be the same drivers.

    tod, Sep 7, 2005
  5. Teddy Bear

    Teddy Bear Guest

    PCChips Tech. Service just said I must use M863G (V1.5A) drivers.

    Teddy Bear, Sep 7, 2005
  6. Teddy Bear

    tcsenter Guest

    PCChips Tech. Service just said

    Hmm, that is weird, seems to be an error. Your BIOS is dated
    12/28/2004, which is consistent with an older BIOS release for M863G
    V5.1 with that same date. The latest BIOS available for M863G V1.5 is
    dated 09/16/2004.

    BTW, there is a newer BIOS for V5.1 dated 05/16/2005. I think your
    BIOS ID string contains a typo and should read V5.1 instead of V5.0, I
    can find no search hits for V5.0 of this board. It happens.

    Could you remove the side panel and look on the motherboard for silk
    screened model information? It should have the model and version
    printed on the board, usually near the memory slots on PC Chips boards.

    Either way, driver downloads from the motherboard manufacturer are
    usually very out-dated. I would recommend the latest drivers from the
    chipset and peripheral IC manufacturer. Doesn't matter which version
    of the board you have.

    SIS drivers for 98/ME/XP/2000 (SIS 741 + 963/964):

    AGP Driver (3.23MB) -
    http://driver2.sis.com/agp/agp121.zip

    SIS IDE Driver (5.43MB) -
    http://driver2.sis.com/utility/ide/ide204a.zip

    SIS LAN Driver (4.0MB) -
    http://driver2.sis.com/network/lan/sl118.zip

    SIS 741 Integrated Graphics Driver (15.0MB) -
    http://driver2.sis.com/graphic/igp/uniVGA3/uvga3_368.zip

    CMedia AC97 Audio Codec Driver (21.3MB) -
    http://64.124.27.138/pcchips/sound/cmedia_817c.zip

    A newer driver for CMedia audio codecs should be available from Windows
    Update, but you'll first need a base driver installed like the one
    above. The latest USB2.0 drivers should be included with XP SP1 or
    SP2, or from Windows Update.

    tcsenter, Sep 7, 2005
  7. Teddy Bear

    Teddy Bear Guest

    Hmm, that is weird, seems to be an error. Your BIOS is dated
    You were right on the spot, I removed a side panel and there it was:

    M863G V5.1A
    SIS 964L
    DDR333
    100M LAN
    ATA 133
    1xCNR
    2xPCI
    8xUSB 2.0
    AGP 8x

    May I have to download and install the latest BIOS update? I wonder if it is
    really necessary as I always been afraid of blackouts...

    Thanks!

    Teddy Bear, Sep 7, 2005
  8. Teddy Bear

    tod Guest

    You should not need to update bios.

    tod, Sep 7, 2005
  9. Teddy Bear

    tcsenter Guest

    May I have to download and install the latest BIOS update? I wonder if it is
    really necessary as I always been afraid of blackouts...<<

    There is a general rule that updating the BIOS isn't advised unless you
    are experiencing a problem that is patched by the new BIOS, such as low
    performance or instability. Don't fix what isn't broken, is usually
    best practice.

    tcsenter, Sep 7, 2005