Mountain Lion Server . does the inbuilt PostgreSQL server actually work? Not so far in my experience

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Paul Sture, Sep 14, 2012.

  1. Paul Sture

    Paul Sture Guest

    This should be simple, but it isn't working.

    sudo serveradmin start postgres

    gets the thing started, but there is no way I can connect to it.

    Yes I have edited the plist file found in
    /Library/Server/PostgreSQL/Config to add 127.0.0.1, but it still refuses
    to open a socket.

    Sample psql output:

    psql
    psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
    connections on Unix domain socket "/var/pgsql_socket/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

    Oh, in the time it has taken me to write this message, postgres has died
    anyway...

    Or should I simply ignore Apple's offering and get PostgreSQL from
    elsewhere?

    Paul Sture, Sep 14, 2012