    mouse pointer is a lot brighter than the rest of the screen. It is very
    annoying to me. Anybody know how to fix this?

    Thank you and Merry Christmas!!

    SS4, Dec 24, 2006

  2. SS4

    oldwolf Guest

    Download some mouise pointers, look for some soft colored ones, there are
    thousands to choose from.
    As for settings for built in pointers I dont think you can.

    Hello

    I just got Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP. It does not allow me to adjust contrast
    when it is connected via DVI, so I have to go to Catalyst Control Center and
    adjust contrast and brightness. I got the right setting for my new monitor
    but there is one little problem. The brightness and contrast of mouse
    pointer stays the same no matter how much I change the setting. Now the

    oldwolf, Dec 24, 2006

  3. SS4

    First of One Guest

    If you are running the default white pointer, change it to something else,
    like the "3D" shaded one. Apparently Windows renders them through different
    code paths, such that the alternative pointers receive less hardware
    acceleration.

    The other thing you can try is changing the "Full Screen 3D" brightness and
    contrast settings in Catalyst Control Center.

    First of One, Dec 24, 2006
  4. Using anything but the default mouse pointer can cause issues in some
    games.

    Contumeliorus Florius, Dec 24, 2006
  5. SS4

    First of One Guest

    That's a *possibility*, though I never had a problem in the last ten years
    with the 3D shaded pointer.

    Meanwhile, SS4 is *currently* having problems adjusting the brightness of
    the default mouse pointer.

    First of One, Dec 24, 2006
  6. SS4

    SS4 Guest

    Hello,

    I tried them but none of them worked. Even changing mouse pointer to all
    black color. the pointer still much brighter. Nothing have effect on the
    mouse pointer at all. I am not even sure what can cause this. I did not have
    this problem with my old LCD monitor. Could it be the new monitor(very
    unlikely I think)? or some issues between the graphic card and the monitor?

    Maybe I should try changing the graphic card.

    SS4, Dec 24, 2006
  7. SS4

    JLC Guest

    Really? I've never heard this before. I've been using the "3D" pointer since
    Win '95 and I've never had a problem with any game I've played. JLC

    JLC, Dec 24, 2006
  8. SS4

    First of One Guest

    I don't think changing graphics card will help. The mouse pointer (along
    with the shadow) is actually rendered by hardware. This is considered a
    "feature" that's now standard on both ATi and nVidia cards. I take it you
    already tried changing the "Fullscreen 3D" brightness in Catalyst Control
    Center?

    Another thing to try is the brightness adjustment in ATi Tray Tools. Yes,
    there are in fact two different ways to change brightness in the drivers.

    First of One, Dec 25, 2006
  9. SS4

    K2 Guest

    Even when using inverse pointers ?

    K2, Dec 26, 2006
  10. SS4

    C6H12O6 Guest

    Sunshades ?

    C6H12O6, Dec 26, 2006
  11. SS4

    SS4 Guest

    Hi everybody

    thank you for your advises.

    The problem is fixed but I feel so stupid. I spent hours to try absolutely
    everything but did not fix the problem, even with inverse pointers. All I
    had to do was just uninstall the graphic card driver and then install again.
    Now the mouse pointer is back to normal.

    Maybe it was some sort of the bug in catalyst driver?

    SS4, Dec 28, 2006
  12. SS4

    Julien BH Guest

    go ATI!