    off rather quickly. Is this normal? What could i do to
    harden it like its suppose to be? it that goes, how will I be able to use the
    laptop?

    Wishy13764, Aug 20, 2003

  2. I haven't used my toshiba laptop in a couple of months...but my desktop
    went
    You need a new cap. It's best to change them every few months anyway. It
    sounds like you have a *really* old one.

    My favorite is the SofPoint:

    http://www.sofpoint.com/

    Or you can get standard Toshiba caps from various sources.

    -Mike

    Michael Geary, Aug 20, 2003

  3. They get "gummy" after a while and need to be replaced. Normally, one
    or two extra caps come with a new laptop. However, you can buy
    replacements relatively inexpensively (the shipping will cost more than
    the cap). They are available from Toshiba or on E-Bay.

    CAUTION: Be SURE that the height of the new cap is no greater than the
    height of the old cap. Toshiba has used at least two different cap
    styles, one taller than the other (and there may be more than two
    styles). If you use one that is too tall, it will hit the screen, which
    will cause damage to the screen.

    Barry Watzman, Aug 20, 2003