    install a new operating system on the 280R, but I just want to move my
    existing environment to a faster CPU.

    Will this work? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

    Glo Worm, Oct 16, 2003

  2. Glo Worm

    Chris Morgan Guest

    probably not, the 280R takes FCAL disks (SCSI over FCAL protocol over
    copper) not trad SCSI (SCSI over copper). If the latter is what the
    3500 takes (likely) then this will not work.

    Chris
    --
    Chris Morgan
    "Post posting of policy changes by the boss will result in

    - anonymous correspondent

    Chris Morgan, Oct 16, 2003

  3. No. The FCAL disks from the 3500 don't fit in a 280R; they're
    1/2 ht, while the 280R are 1/3 ht.

    David B. Chorlian, Oct 16, 2003
  4. Glo Worm

    Axel Neumann Guest

    Hi,

    You could get a E3500 with both versions of 18 GB HDD. So could work
    somehow.

    HTH,

    Axel Neumann

    Axel Neumann, Oct 16, 2003
  5. Glo Worm

    Axel Neumann Guest

    Hi,

    The E3000 uses SCSI internally. The E3500 uses FC-AL internally.

    HTH,

    Axel Neumann

    Axel Neumann, Oct 16, 2003