    thinking of buying XP 2600+ 333 FBS 512 KB see the link below, is that
    processor works on Tyan 2466N-4M (MPX)?

    http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80173-1&ps=ho1

    Backfirewarrior, Sep 6, 2004

  2. dual xps never did work on the s2466 [unlike the s2460, mp chipset], unless
    you modify the cpus for smp operation. the board refuses to boot giving,
    iirc, a '00 - cpus are not multiprocessor capable' error [or something to
    that effect]. also, the mpx chipset does not support 333fsb. try xp-m
    barton-cored mobile athlon cpus which have 266fsb and are smp capable from
    amd [you must mod either the cpu or socket for multiplier & maybe voltage].
    dr ratt

    POP_Server=pop.freeuk.net, Sep 7, 2004

  3. Am 07.09.2004 04:16 schrieb POP_Server=pop.freeuk.net:
    That's only true for XPs above 1900+. I drive two 2466N-4M with XPs
    without any modification (neither to the sockets nor the CPUs). One is a
    dual 1800+ and the other a dual 1900+ - both run fine. ;-)

    Cheers,
    Niko

    Nikolaus Riehm, Sep 18, 2004
  4. Backfirewarrior

    Dr Ratt Guest

    you are correct. a quick check with wcpuid reveals an xp1600+ i have to be
    smp capable.
    dr ratt

    Dr Ratt, Sep 18, 2004
  5. Backfirewarrior

    ezpchardware

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    My two 1700+ aint working...

    Ive got 2 1700+ thoroughbred and tried them out in my board for fun and it only posts 1 proc and I dont get any errors, in windows only 1 proc shows up too.

    2X AMD Athlon XP 1700+ - AXDA1700DLT3C
    both works perfectly in single mode

    AXDA1700DLT3C
    Processor core Thoroughbred (Model 8)