    which os I was using at the time.

    later,
    charles.....

    ***** charles, Apr 24, 2007

  2. ***** charles

    guest Guest

    You have an ATI card? mine is a 9600xt & it does the "same"
    thing; but not always. It also happens with winxp on bootup
    before the signon screen is displayed; which I guess may be
    at full graphics mode & not "console" mode.

    Everything was working fine; don't know remember when it started;
    as before or after I updated the ATI graphics bios. Since
    the problem also happens in winxp before the graphics driver
    is loaded, I don't think the problem is linux but the ATI
    card; haven't seen any new firmware available & wish I
    had the older version somewhere.

    guest, Apr 24, 2007

  3. My systems have no graphics cards in them, they are running off
    the onboard video subsystem. My plan is to install W2K and
    sell them off cheap. This is the only time I have ever had a real
    problem with Linux.

    later.....

    ***** charles, Apr 26, 2007