MS-6367 + Athlon XP-1800 = no power up - HELP

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Stan Berry, Aug 31, 2003.

  1. Stan Berry

    Stan Berry Guest

    MS-6367 new, Athlon XP1800 retail new (installed as per directions), 350W
    case new, 256 MB PC2100 DDR new (pre-tested) in slot 1. Power supply tested
    (all voltages). Switch tested. Power is available at the 20 pin mainboard
    connector.

    Monitor (Sony Multiscan 15sf), keyboard, mouse (no drives). Power on (power
    supply switch) lights up Caps Lock and Scroll Lock on keyboard. Power on
    (front panel switch) and nothing happens ... no fan spins, no sound, monitor
    does not come out of stand-by.

    FSB is jumpered to 133MHz. Clear CMOS jumper was in Clear Data position
    when board was first opened, moved to Keep Data position before power on.

    Thanks,
    Stan

    Stan Berry, Aug 31, 2003

  2. No power up at all? As in nothing starts up except the psu?

    7oast3dProfessor, Aug 31, 2003

  3. Stan Berry

    Stan Berry Guest

    No fans ... not even power supply fan. No light anywhere.

    Stan Berry, Sep 1, 2003
  4. Stan Berry

    Stan Berry Guest

    Metered resistance at 20 pin connector on the MS-6367:
    +3.3v to common = ~500 Ohms steady
    +5v to common = ~500 Ohms and climbed quickly to ~1K Ohms (charging a
    capacitor?)
    +12v to common = ~500 Ohms and climbed quickly to ~2K Ohms
    at least I didn't read a short or an open.

    I'm in trouble here. Can anyone help?

    Stan Berry, Sep 5, 2003