    But it just recongnize the hdd as an ata 100?
    Can someone help me please?

    Thanks

    Dirk Pajonk, Feb 4, 2004

  2. Dirk Pajonk

    Dave Guest

    Can you get on to the Samsung site and check the drive, that drive may only
    be ATA100. I have an old Seagate ATA66 drive and the BIOS start-up screen
    flashes up that it is ATA66 on start-up on another motherboard when using an
    80 conductor data cable. That same board flashes up ATA33 when using an old
    40 conductor data cable.

    Dave, Feb 8, 2004

  3. Dirk Pajonk

    Dirk Pajonk Guest

    No; I've already checked. It's an ATA 133. Samsung SP1614N!

    Dirk Pajonk, Feb 8, 2004