    have been told. Any help would be appreciated.

    Thank you,

    Alissa

    ComStat, Feb 4, 2007

  2. ComStat

    kev Guest

    On 04 Feb 2007, the world was enlightened by ComStat's opinion about...
    There's a 1.0 board and a 3.0 board. The easiest way to tell them apart is
    to look at the back panel ports and see how many LAN jacks you have. If
    you have 2 then it's a 1.0 board, if only 1 then it's 3.0.

    1.0 board:

    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?
    UID=637

    3.0 board:

    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?
    UID=720

    There are other differences such as that the 3.0 version has only one SATA
    RAID controller and has one less PCIE slot as well.

    HTH,

    kev

    kev, Feb 4, 2007

  3. ComStat

    ComStat Guest

    Thank you for your help, but the webpage opens to a blank page. The
    change I can see in the two boards is a firewire port. I am guessing
    the 1.0 version has no firewire port and the 3.0 version has one
    firewire port? Maybe I am wrong.

    ComStat, Feb 4, 2007
  4. ComStat

    scsisys Guest

    ComStat....

    Bought one of these when they first came out (ver.1) and it does have
    a firewire port on the back plane.

    ray

    scsisys, Feb 4, 2007
  5. ComStat

    kev Guest

    On 04 Feb 2007, the world was enlightened by ComStat's opinion about...
    Yeah, word wrap will do that. Here are tinyurl links:

    1.0 http://tinyurl.com/4t3py
    3.0 http://tinyurl.com/l5nb5
    Both versions have a rear firewire port.

    3.0 has one less lan jack, one less PCIEx4 slot, and one less RAID
    controller. Think of the 3.0 board as being Platinum-lite. ;)

    kev

    kev, Feb 5, 2007