    on how to simply circle something, snip it out, and then copy it into
    something else?

    Thanks in advance for your assistance ~~ Kim

    lindygirl, Jul 19, 2006

  2. lindygirl

    Chris H. Guest

    Which Snipping Tool are you using, and which version of Word? With the 2.0
    Snipping Tool and Word 2003, Send to. . . Clipboard/Copy works fine, and so
    does a simple right-click/Paste or Edit/Paste in Word 2003.

    Chris H., Jul 19, 2006

  3. lindygirl

    lindygirl Guest

    Thanks so much for responding to my question.

    I am using Snipping Tool 2.0, and Word 2003 SP2. I have tried both
    techniques, but get the same msg from MS Clipboard. I've opened the
    Clipboard, and it is empty, even though I just tried to snip an image from
    the internet. I've tried setting the default file type to other types, but
    still the same end result.

    FYI, I *can* save the file and then insert it into the document...just not
    copy and paste. Also, when I open the editor tool, the previous screen
    captures *do* show up there...just not in the Clipboard. Bizarre!

    lindygirl, Jul 19, 2006
  4. lindygirl

    Chris H. Guest

    I've honestly never experienced this, but before going further, can you
    copy/paste large areas of text from, say this newsgroup post, directly into
    Word? If so, it may be an issue with Snipping Tool 2.0 and you should try
    uninstalling the Snipping Tool, restarting the system, and then installing
    it again.

    Otherwise, it may be an issue with the way the Clipboard is saving the
    "clip" and you would need to follow this:
    - Go to Start/Run and enter "Clipbrd" (not clipboard) without the quotation
    marks in the Run line and tap the OK button.
    - This will launch the ClipBook Viewer, which is a record of the recent
    copy/paste inputs to the Clipboard. If there are entries in there, use the
    Edit menu on the Toolbar, highlighting and then Delete(ing) the entries to
    clean it out.
    - Restart your system and see how it performs.

    Chris H., Jul 19, 2006
  5. lindygirl

    lindygirl Guest

    Thanks, Chris! I followed your suggestions and -- SUCCESS! The tool works
    properly now. It's amazing the ills that rebooting cures! :)

    lindygirl, Jul 20, 2006
  6. lindygirl

    Chris H. Guest

    Excellent! Enjoy the setup!