MS-DOS File System using Disk Utility

Discussion in 'Apple' started by MP, Apr 26, 2006.

  1. MP

    MP Guest

    Hi All,

    We have a G4 PowerPC with Tiger OS installed.
    We tried creating an MS-DOS partition using "Disk Utility" application.
    The partition was created and mounted successfully but when we verified
    the partition using the same application, the following was obtained:

    Next free cluster in FSInfo block (3) not free
    fix? no

    The partition works fine when we use the MAC OS Extended File System.

    Is this some known issue with MS-DOS File System?
    Please let us know if anyone has any information on this.

    Thanks,
    MP

    MP, Apr 26, 2006