  1. I need to replace my MS6178 Motherboard - are they still available new
    - or can you sugest a compatible relacement? It's an ex Tiny Machine.

    Thanks

    gppatterson737, Apr 8, 2007

  2. gppatterson737

    GinTonix Guest

    kirjoitti:
    IIRC it is a i810 based mobo, often hit by the dreaded Chinese Cap
    Plague. Any i810 based mobo should do the trick, it has nothing special
    worth mentioning. My guess is that you won't find them on the shelves of
    any self-respecting computer shop. If I had to, I'd grab a used one from
    ebay or whatever you have in your country. Should cost a couple of
    euros, but as said, the cap plague probably hits the replacement as
    well. But if I had a choice, I'd replace it with a i815 mobo by Intel.
    That should run any CPU you might have on the i810 one and it would also
    support (well, most of them do, anyway, YMMV) AGP to throw in a better
    vidcard.

    GinTonix, Apr 20, 2007