MS6380 K7T266 Pro, CPU problem and won't reboot

Discussion in 'MSI' started by TomB, Oct 17, 2004.

  1. TomB

    TomB Guest

    I have a K7T266 Pro Ver.1.0 mobo that is apparently mismarked. It has
    the raid connectors and the NEC USB 2.0 chip. That is a good problem
    to have. I am currently running an Athlon 1.0ghz proc(got for free)
    and 256MB PC2100 DDR with no problems, except when I hit restart, it
    doesn't, just shuts down and won't initialize the mobo. The power
    stays on, but the bottom LED on the mobo turns red. The CD Rom blinks
    every once in a while and the network card still show activity. Is
    there anything in the BIOS I should check to see why it won't reboot.
    I just shut it off and restart, then all is OK. Any ideas?

    Also, does anyone know what the fastest processor family this mobo
    will accept? Will it accept the later 266mHz Durons and Athlon XPs?
    I tried a Duron 1.3 but all the LEDs turned red and it wouldn't boot.
    It could be the Duron is bad. I would think the mobo would take any
    266mHz Duron or Athlon XP. I am looking to upgrade from the 1.0 to
    something faster than 200mHz bus and not spend a lot. I was mainly
    looking at a Duron 1.6 or Athlon XP 2000+. Not a gamer, just need a
    faster machine than I do now.

    Tom

    TomB, Oct 17, 2004

  2. If your mobo is truely mismarked, then you probably have a K7T266Pro2-RU.

    D-LED 4 lit red during POST means a problem occurred during Testing RTC
    (Real Time Clock).

    You can download a manual from MSI.

    I did own a K7T266Pro2-RU, but gave it to my sister. I originally started
    with a XP 1800+ Palomino core CPU. I later modded the mobo to run a XP
    2400+ 133MHz FSB Thoroughbred core CPU. Without modding, it will only
    support up to XP 2100+ Palomino core CPU.

    Homer J. Simpson, Oct 18, 2004