MSI-6380 OEM Version. Will Not allow bios flash or freq change

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Corky Smith, Jan 22, 2004.

  1. Corky Smith

    Corky Smith Guest

    I got a MSI-6380 Pro Turbo 2 motherboard from Justdeals.com.

    Throw an XP 1600 in it. It fires up OK, but only recognizes as
    1050MHZ.

    Find out that the bios seems to be OEM and doesn't have nearly the
    choices as the retail board does. Try to find how I can change the
    FSB to 133 (it recognizes the DDR as 133). Cannot find any of the
    normal selections in the Frequency sub menu of the motherboard. There
    is nothing that can be changed there.

    Tried to flash to the 3.7 bios of the MSI-6380 retail version and it
    will not let me write to the bios. i looked all over the bios for
    this lock/unlock bios option, and it is not there.

    What am I missing here? Is there a jumper on the MB? Some weird combo
    of keys I have to press to make these options come up??

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Jim

    Corky Smith, Jan 22, 2004

  2. Corky Smith

    Sam Owens Guest

    I just did that sunday night. My CHEAP buddy bought that board from
    justdeals and he couldn't get the 1700+ to be that.

    Right underneath the bios ON THE BOARD there were two jumpers.
    I moved the pin on the jumper nearest the boards edge to the only
    other option and on booting it was now a 133 fsb as opposed to the 100
    fsb it was and it recognized his CPU correctly

    Hope this helps...Let us know, eh?

    Sam

    Sam Owens, Jan 23, 2004

  3. Corky Smith

    Corky Smith Guest

    SAM,

    Thanks for the reply, I will give that a try tonight and post how it works out.

    Thanks again.

    Jim

    Corky Smith, Jan 25, 2004
  4. (Corky Smith) wrote