MSI 6570 will not POST - help!

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Alan Ingham, Oct 19, 2003.

  1. Alan Ingham

    Alan Ingham Guest

    Hello,

    I've just been setting up a new system with above said motherboard, but
    system will not POST. Having read related posts in this newsgroup (no pun
    intended!) I'm thinking I have a BIOS that needs to be flashed.

    The BIOS in question is a Phoenix Award BIOS (version unknown) and I'd like
    to know if anyone knows how I can force a flash when I can't even get past
    the POST. For example, I know that an AMIBIOS can be forced by holding
    CTRL-HOME when booting with a floppy in the drive- is there a similar
    technique for an Award BIOS?

    I'm also looking for the BIOS image itself. I may find it soon, but if you
    happen to know where it is in case I'm unsuccessful, I'd be grateful.

    Thanks in advance. Please reply to group as email address is invalid on
    purpose.

    Alan

    Alan Ingham, Oct 19, 2003

  2. Hello,
    Why are you trying to flash a new MOBO? If it's faulty, send it back,
    after testing with known good CPU and PSU.

    Mike.

    Michael Hawes, Oct 21, 2003