    When you hit the power button, the power supply and CPU fans spin up, but it fails the POST test. What I get is one long beep followed by a pause, over and over. 1-1-1-1, etc...

    Not having much luck figuring out what's screwed on this machine. Anyplace on the web that talks about error codes doesn't list this one. I replaced the memory sticks with some that I know to be working (took them directly out of another working machine) but that doesn't change anything. Still just a constant 1-1-1-1.

    Anyone know what this error code is supposed to be telling me?

    NINpigNIN, Aug 7, 2006
  2. NINpigNIN

    Davids8

    Lightining rarely fries anything other than the power supply. And if it is beeping it probably isnt fried. A contiunous beep means there is a Power supply, system board, or keyboard problem. Most likely it is Power supply when you buy your power supply make shure its the same size and has the same amout of watts. If you have updraded anything or plan to buy one with more watts that what you have allready.

    Davids8, Aug 7, 2006
  3. NINpigNIN

    NINpigNIN

    D'oh. It was the power supply after all. Thanks for the pointer in the right direction!

    NINpigNIN, Aug 7, 2006