MSI 865PE NEO2-FIS2R vs MSI 848P Neo-LS

Discussion in 'Overclocking' started by CS, Aug 29, 2003.

  1. CS

    CS Guest

    MSI 865PE NEO2-FIS2R at:

    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=
    454

    MSI 848P Neo-LS at:

    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=
    493
    According to Tom's Hardware July 24 MB tests, the 865PE was the best at the
    time of reviewing. It looks, though, like the 848P has more potential and
    might be a better MB, or am I just reading this wrong?

    I don't really need the RAID, but prefer the built in FireWire and NIC,
    though the 1G NIC is not necessary.

    Thanks,

    Charity
    A.C.H.O Seti member with 41,000+ WUs

    email addy is bogus

    CS, Aug 29, 2003

  2. CS

    Thomas Guest

    Erm... what leads you to conclude this? The 848 chipset is just a bit more
    than the 845, which was okay, UNTIL the dual-DDR chipsets started hitting
    the shelves. This is a budget mainboard... The southbridge, into which all
    the special gadgets have been integrated, is quite good, but the same one as
    used in many 865 and 875 mainboards.

    Thomas.

    Thomas, Aug 29, 2003