    A utility that scans my motherbord says that the onboard nic is disabled...
    How can this happen, a BIOS-setting?

    regards, Frank

    Frank B., Apr 30, 2007

  2. Frank B.

    Ginchy Guest

    it doesnt work in xp thaTS why its disabled in bios

    go into bios and enable it and see.....i got ripped off on ebay this way by
    someone who claimed they lost the disc but thats the reason the nic doesnt
    work under xp

    unless you have a different chipset but i doubt it

    i had to buy an external one instead

    the sound drivers are quirky too on this board!

    Ginchy, May 2, 2007

  3. Frank B.

    Frank B. Guest

    I think this is an hardware-error. The BIOS doesn't even show the
    LAN-option, although the manual shows there should be one.
    The strange thing is that it worked an half hour before.
    I inserted an PCI-Lan-card and that works fine now.
    Frank

    Frank B., May 3, 2007
  4. Frank B.

    Ginchy Guest

    and in the manual I have it also says that its a realtek 8139 chipset but
    its not its a realtek 8129 chipset and theres no xp driver for it.

    everest home edition identifies it.

    if you run live update it keeps telling you there are drivers and bios
    available for download and yet they are already installed

    theres so many slight variations on the board....I`ll be staying well clear
    of msi in future!

    on my noard it had 2 options

    onboard lan enable/disable
    lan bios enable/disable

    maybe when you plugged in the nic and it detected it the bios auto doesnt
    show? weird one but then everything about the board is weird!

    Ginchy, May 4, 2007