    better?

    Thank you all!

    Willi

    Willi Butz, Jul 19, 2003

  2. Willi Butz

    Scott Guest

    Don't buy that board yet until MSI has fixed the bios issues and the MAT
    "SCAMOLOGY" Read the thread I posted on 7/17..

    "875P Neo FIS2R MAT=INTRUSIVE GIMMICK"

    It does not matter what high quality ram you buy for this board, we cannot
    set our own dram timings at this time until MSI decides to quit being
    dishonest. DON'T GET THIS BOARD AT THIS TIME!!

    Scott, Jul 20, 2003

  3. Willi Butz

    Lefty Guest

    uh... yeah.. right..

    and aliens have control of our president...

    oh.. wait, maybe they do...

    Lefty, Jul 20, 2003
  4. Willi Butz

    Stafford_PC Guest

    What Bios Version are you using?

    Stafford_PC, Jul 22, 2003
  5. Willi Butz

    Scott Guest

    Reply to Chi Pete who wrote in part;

    "> Strange - my 875P works just fine - let's me adjust mem times - just
    Yes it will let you set whatever timings you want. Did you FULLY UNDERSTAND
    MY PRIOR POST?

    Question, How do you know the dram timings you set are the actual timings
    being utilized, because the dram settings in the bios show the new timings?
    USE CPU-Z, then you will clearly see;

    What you have your dram set for in the bios IS NOT WHAT IT IS RUNNING AT!!

    That was my whole point in my prior posts. NOT TO BE RUDE, BUT DON'T PEOPLE
    PAY ATTENTION?

    Scott, Jul 23, 2003
  6. Willi Butz

    Scott Guest

    To further clear up the scam for MSI here.. I use the latest BIOS. I tried
    down flashing, same results.. Now check out the new Asus PC800 DELUXE -E..
    in their bios, they have a "performance enhancement page" but unlike MSI,
    they do not FALSELY claim this "AN EXCLUSIVE TECHNOLOGY FROM THEIR COMPANY,
    and as well they offer the function to TURN IT OFF!!

    Scott, Jul 23, 2003
  7. Willi Butz

    Scott Guest

    Interesting.. Read the release notes for bios 1.60 for the neo fisr 875.. I
    will quote from it;

    "AMI BIOS RELEASE"

    "SUPPORT MAT FUNCTION"

    Hence bro, this is my issue with MSI what you somewhat touch on.

    The Dynamic overclocking is a bit different then just the MAT function.

    The MAT function is explained on MSI'S site, and low and behold, when they
    explain MAT on the 875 boards, they refer us to the 4 presets of

    1.slow
    2. fast
    3.turbo
    4 ultra turbo..

    So when you say "your 875 board doesn't have MAT" <<I WISH YOU WERE RIGHT!!
    IT SHOULD NOT HAVE IT, BUT IT DOES BRO..

    Let me know, I can post the link that explains that the 875 boards do in
    fact use MAT, and again, its in the rel notes in bios 1.60 "support MAT
    function"

    MAT is not the dynamic overclocking, its "memory acceleration technology"
    which really is just "ram presets" ( basically a worthless scam)

    The Dynamic oc'in also increases FSB, MAT is only for memory period..

    It is BS, and it is intrusive.. Get The Asus 865 board. They in fact did
    unlock the PAT function on their 865 boards.. Trust me The Asus board is
    better.. Peace

    PS, to the real morons here. Notice I was not rude to this guy? That is
    because he posted an intelligent respectful reply.. The rest of you can

    KISS MI CULO!

    Scott, Aug 4, 2003
  8. Willi Butz

    Scott Guest

    Here you go, copied from MSI LIVE UPDATE.. YOU SURE THE 875 BOARD DOES NOT
    USE "MAT"?

    MSI Live BIOSTM Version: 3.50.000

    MS-6758 (875P Neo-FIS2R, 875P Neo-LSR)

    Please Select and Click the button on the right to download and update
    the version online.

    Search Results:
    Item Name MS-6758 Update
    Current Ver. 1.7x Online Ver. 1.60 Size 416KB
    Notes 1. This is AMI BIOS release.
    2. This BIOS fixes the following problems of the previous version:
    - Support MAT Function.
    3. 2003/06/26

    .. This BIOS fixes the following problems of the previous version:
    - Support MAT Function.

    You "sure" the 875 boards do not have this bs MAT FUNCTION STILL?

    Scott, Aug 4, 2003