    getting 2-2-2-5 memory because it is too expensive.

    Thanks,

    RC

    R. Chamberlain, Sep 6, 2004

  2. R. Chamberlain

    Mike Guest

    This quote was in your post from above.

    The differance between the 865pe chip and the 875p chip is NOTHING if you
    get a asus/msi board, the 865pe core is a 875core with the PAT turned off,
    asus/msi allows you turn it on in the bios, so... if you wanna spend $$$
    for
    something you can get cheeper, thats up to you. MSI 865pe neo2 or ASUS
    p8p-800 delulxe would be a wiser choice, as for which of these 2 is better?
    The msi has a nb fan with BLINKING lights, the asus has a heatsink, msi
    board is red, asus is ugly brown... i went with the 'ice' factor.

    I think this has your answer. Go 865pe, turn on PAT, pay less.

    Mike, Sep 8, 2004