MSI FX5900 Ultra 256 MB and MSI 648 MAX (HELP)

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Macross, Sep 3, 2003.

  1. Macross

    Macross Guest

    I have just installed my new FX5900 Ultra graphics card and when ever
    the card runs any 3D application for more than a couple of minutes, my
    PC will instantly shut down. The only way I can get it back up, is to
    remove my power cable from the PSU and wait about 20 seconds and then
    the PC will boot again.
    I have checked the temperature of the card before and after the
    shutdown; and the latest Nvidia reference drivers show a GPU core
    temperature of 37 C. In addition, if I put my original GeForce 3 back
    into my computer, I experience no problems.

    Looking on the internet, I have come across other people who have had
    a similar problem and this was resolved by changing the AGP slot to
    run at 4x rather than 8x. I have gone through the 648 Max BIOS and am
    unable to find anywhere where I can step down to 4x AGP.

    Any Help Will Be Greatly Received.

    Regards,

    Macross

    Macross, Sep 3, 2003

  2. Macross

    Johoo Guest

    Most of the people who has this problem did forget to install power (molex)
    on the videocard.

    Johoo, Sep 6, 2003