**MSI GA-8N-SLi AC'97 Sound driver Problem**

Discussion in 'MSI' started by hekk, May 1, 2007.

  1. hekk

    hekk

    Joined:
    May 1, 2007
    HI!

    I know there are alot of forums and threads with problem with the AC'97 sound drivers but i havent found one that helps me yet so it my turn now......... yay D:

    ok i system is as follows.

    Mother Board : GA-8N-Sli
    CPU : P4 3.0 GHz
    PSU : 450W
    Graphics Card : NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GS
    Ram : DDR2 800 1GB
    OS : Xp Pro
    S-Sound 5.1 : Logitech X-530
    Sound driver : Realtek sound manager version 5.10.0.6230

    also shows i have installed in add &remove programes
    High Definition Audio Driver KB888111

    I have so far opened sound manager under the 'Speaker configuration' tab set it to 6ch speaker and done auto test. This is what i get ........

    With the green plug for front speakers plugged into the green jack i get nothing coming through for ether left or right, with the pink plug for the back speakers plugged into the orange jack i get sound coming out of the center speaker when i shows the back left on sound manager and the out of the sub when it shows back right, with the black plug for the center/sub plugged into the black jack i get the sound coming out of back left for center and back right for sub.

    so i swapped the black and the pink and now the sound comes out right for each of them eventhought they are in the wrong jacks to eachother but i still get no sound out of the green/ frontsides. i tried moving the green through each of the other jacks but no sound, so i tryed in the black and the speakers work but as u would expect only when the back speakers are suppose to...

    ok im dont :S PLEASE HELP! I MISS MY FRONT SPEAKERS!

    hekk, May 1, 2007