    Corsair 256mb DDR DIMM vs256mb266
    GeCube ATI Radeon 128 mb 9600 pro
    Samsung 7200 rpm 40 gig HDD

    dheaton, Jan 29, 2004

  2. dheaton

    Species Guest

    My guess would be the driver only works with Win98SE / ME. It should be
    possible to use your AC97 audio with Win98 if you can find a driver for
    Win95/98. You may have to do some real searching though. My AC97 onboard
    worked fine with Win95.

    Species, Jan 29, 2004

  3. dheaton

    Eugen T Guest

    I'd suggest just buying cheap used sound card (something like Live! value).

    Regarding RAM, I have K7N2-L and Infineon (Crucial) does not work properly.
    I downclocked CPU FSB (not RAM FSB though) to 120(240)MHz from 133(266)MHz
    and everything is nice (RAM is running at 400MHz). I just ordered
    dual-channel PC3200 2x256 Geil. Will see if it will work.
    On the other side, my friend's K7N2-DeltaL works fine with Kingston
    ValueRAM.

    Eugen T, Jan 31, 2004