MSI K7T Power/Pro/Pro2/Pro2-A/Turbo/Turbo2/Turbo Limited Edition

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Mike Bird, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. Mike Bird

    Mike Bird Guest

    My home computer CPU seems to be running hot at 63C and I don't fully
    understand the voltage readings I have. The information below was taken
    from AIDA32 and matches the information I see when I go into the BIOS upon
    start up. What is the +2.5v circuit for? I'm only showing 0.34V. I may be
    worrying about nothing but if there is a problem I would like to correct it
    before I have a system failure when I can least afford it.

    I am also looking to build another computer with an AMD2600XP I bought at a
    really good price. I have everything to put the new unit together with the
    exception of the motherboard. Any suggestions about the mobo that has
    proven to be the most stable with this processor? I would like to stay
    below $125 if that is possible. My regular store has the KT4A Ultra MS-6590
    at $89 and recommends that board but I would really appreciate some feedback
    before making the decision to buy.

    Computer
    Operating System Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional

    Motherboard
    CPU Type AMD Athlon-PECM, 1200 MHz (6 x 200)
    Motherboard Name MSI K7T Power/Pro/Pro2/Pro2-A/Turbo/Turbo2/Turbo Limited
    Edition
    Motherboard Chipset VIA VT8363(A) Apollo KT133(A)
    System Memory 1024 MB (SDRAM)

    BIOS Type Award Modular (07/01/02)
    BIOS Properties
    Award BIOS Type Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
    Award BIOS Message W6330VMS V3.5 070102 16:32:18
    System BIOS Date 07/01/02
    Video BIOS Date 07/18/20

    BIOS Manufacturer
    Company Name Phoenix Technologies Ltd.
    Product Information http://www.phoenix.com/en/products/default.htm

    Display
    Video Adapter 3D Thrill 315 (128 MB)
    3D Accelerator SiS 315
    Monitor Delta F996 (050022562)

    Multimedia
    Audio Adapter Creative SB PCI128 (Ensoniq ES5880) Sound Card

    Sensor Properties
    Sensor Type VIA 686 Internal
    Sensor Access ISA 6000h

    Temperatures
    Motherboard 31 °C (88 °F)
    CPU 63 °C (145 °F)
    Aux 22 °C (72 °F)

    Cooling Fans
    CPU 5488 RPM

    Voltage Values
    CPU Core 1.63 V
    +2.5 V 0.34 V
    +3.3 V 3.37 V
    +5 V 5.03 V
    +12 V 11.58 V

    I enjoy this NG and have read some very good feedback of late so I would
    welcome suggestions.

    TIA

    Michael Bird

    Mike Bird, Jul 10, 2003