MSI K7T Turbo 2 - HAL question.

Discussion in 'MSI' started by dj, Nov 24, 2004.

  1. dj

    dj Guest

    Would someone be able to help me with a HAL question please?
    When installing Windows XP on a K7T Turbo2 board ((MS 6330) with an
    Athlon K7 1Gig, what HAL layer should I pick?

    1) ACPI Multiprocessor PC
    2) ACPI Uniprocessor PC
    3) Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC
    4) Standard PC
    5) Standard PC with C-Step i486
    etc.

    There are other options, but these are the ones that I think might
    apply. My guess is that it is # 3.

    I have installed Win XP on my friend's computer using option 3, but we
    are having some problems that I think might be ACPI related. His
    screen saver will only work if the computer has just been booted up.
    If he turns the computer on, doesn't do anything, the screen saver
    will come on. If he opens some programs, goes on the 'net, etc.,
    leaves it, the screen saver will NOT come on. We have tried changing
    screen savers, changing the activation time, rebooting, etc., but
    nothing seems to help.

    Or am I off-base assuming this is ACPI related?

    If anyone could give me a little guidance as to what might be wrong, I
    would appreciate it.
    Thank you.
    dj

    dj, Nov 24, 2004

  2. Why are you even choosing? Let XP install what it thinks is best for
    this board.. XP works fine on this doing a default install

    NoneOfBusiness, Nov 25, 2004