MSI K7T266 Pro2 doesn't detect CPU fan anymore

Discussion in 'MSI' started by SomeOne, Jul 24, 2004.

  1. SomeOne

    SomeOne Guest

    Hi,

    I have a PC that is fitted with an MSI K7T266 Pro2 motherboard. Today I
    finished installing an Asetek Waterchill CPU cooler. When I booted up the
    system again the BIOS complained that the CPU fan was not running (Duh!!) and
    suggested to shutdown. Although I get the option to boot anyway, the message is
    annoying. So, I want to get rid of this. I searched throught the BIOS options
    but couldn't find one that lets me override this check.
    I connected the case fan (which also has a speedindication-wire) to the CPU fan
    connector. (The case fan runs at 2300rpm, the CPU fan used to run at around
    4600rpm). Still the BIOS tells me there is no fan connected... I checked with
    MBM 5.3.7.0 and it detects the case fan (and reports it's speed) now connected
    to the CPU connector on the motherboard. So, I think its odd that the BIOS
    tells me there is no fan connected. I could connect the CPU fan and leave it
    hanging in the case, but I don't think that is an option.

    Anyway, if anyone can suggest an easy way to repair this please let me know.

    --
    M.E.J.R.Hendrix
    a s o e

    Quote of the minute:
    Let thy speech be better than silence, or be silent. - Dionysius the Elder

    SomeOne, Jul 24, 2004

  2. SomeOne

    Sandi Guest

    In the pc health section of your bios. The second option should be disable
    cpu fan detection.

    guppy23

    Sandi, Jul 25, 2004