    this will work before backing up the data, and erasing the RAID array.

    Thank you,

    Simon Howson

    Simon Howson, Jul 19, 2004

  2. Simon Howson

    Henkie Guest

    This won't work, what you can do is connect your new IDE drive to one of the
    2 IDE controllers, install it en copy somehow the files from your RAID array
    to the new disc.
    If those are already "taken" than you have to disconnect one IDE connection
    and connect your new disc to it. But you might end up with a problem that
    you only have 4 IDE connections and 5 drives..........

    Good luck

    Henkie, Aug 1, 2004

  3. Simon Howson

    Simon Howson Guest

    Thanks for your help... I have ended up buying a PCI - SATA controller card,
    and have just ordered a 200 GB SATA drive, so I will connect the new drive
    to that, and leave the RAID controller alone.

    I plan on getting a new board in 6 months or so, when SATA goes native I
    guess, and my new 200 GB drive will work on a SATA channel on the new board.

    I need the new disc cos I'm ripping all my CDs to FLAC files, I am going to
    need about 150 - 170 GB ;-)

    Simon Howson

    Simon Howson, Aug 3, 2004