    I have a problem to keep the mainbord and the CPU cool.Temp's rise to 42 C
    for the mobo and 62 C for the CPU, even with the case open. The temp in the
    room is about 22 C. Wich problem am I looking at.

    Cubico, Jan 12, 2004

  2. Cubico

    dgk Guest

    Look at my post on WOW - K7T266 ... Is Hot.

    What CPU do you have?

    dgk, Jan 13, 2004

  3. Cubico

    Cubico Guest

    Athlon 1700 XP

    Cubico, Jan 13, 2004
  4. Cubico

    dgk Guest

    I think they get hotter as they get faster.

    dgk, Jan 13, 2004
  5. Cubico

    Pete Guest

    You might want to check that you have an approved power supply. I had
    problems with a much lower spec processor on a K7T266 Pro, replace my power
    supply with an Enermax (AMD approved model) and also replaced the processor
    fan with one from (I think) http://www.overclockers.co.uk/ this not only
    sorted the cooling but also made the machine much quieter. I'd recommend
    doing a bit of research first as cheap may (in some situations) mean noisy.

    HTH

    Pete.

    Pete, Jan 19, 2004
  6. Cubico