MSI K7T266 Pro2 USB problem

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Mike, Sep 5, 2003.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    hello!
    I Have a K7T266 Pro2 mainboard, but I can't get the USB to work. I
    have changed the settings in BIOS to

    USB Controller :ALL USB Port

    The computer finds the ports but when I try to install the drivers it
    doesn't work, a message shows up were it says that the hardware
    couldn't be installed. It looks for a files called usbhub20.sys in
    C:\WINDOWS\System32, can it be somethng wrong with the drivers?

    or what do you think it is?

    I also checked out my mainboards homepage, and there they have drivers
    for NEC USB 2.0 Driver. But it also says that win xp users only need
    servicepack 1, but I allready have that

    here's a screenshoot http://w1.470.telia.com/~u47025295/fel.JPG

    /Mike

    Win xp home
    AMD XP1600+
    K7T266 Pro2 mainboard
    Servicepack1

    Mike, Sep 5, 2003

  2. Only the K7T266 Pro2-U and the K7T266 Pro2-RU versions of this board have 4
    USB 2.0 ports and 4 USB 1.1 ports.

    If you just have the K7T266 Pro2, then you only have 6 USB 1.1 ports.

    Homer J Simpson, Sep 5, 2003

  3. Mike

    steve Guest

    This may sound a bit wierd but.....if you are running Windows XP, install
    SP1a. I have the K7N2 MoBo and after some deep research i found the USB 2.0
    ports need the SP to work....Perhaps this is the case with this MoBo as
    well. Let us all know.
    Steve

    steve, Sep 5, 2003