MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum & MSI ATI Radeon RX800 Pro Compatibility

Discussion in 'MSI' started by MYOB, Dec 9, 2004.

  1. MYOB

    MYOB Guest

    I'm putting together a system based on the above combination of m/b and
    graphics card, however the system won't start, just a twitch of the fans,
    then dead...

    I thought that by buying both products made by MSI that they would work
    together......

    The RX800 works ok i a different m/b (athlonXP 2400+ in a cheap as chips
    m/b)

    An old Nvidia graphics card works ok in the K8N Neo2.

    I installed windows etc by using the Nvidia card and updated to the latest
    BIOS via Liveupdate.... Tried the RX800 back in the board after
    flashing..... nothing again...

    System behaves as normal with the Nvidia card,

    These components are brand new, and they both work ok apart from together!

    Anyone got any comments, experience of running these two togther or
    suggestions on how to get this up and running? I'm building it for my sons
    chrimbo pressie.

    I thought it might be a power issue, so I borrowed one from a 2.8Ghz P4
    machine rated at 350 watts so I would have thought that it was man enough,
    still no luck.

    MYOB, Dec 9, 2004

  2. If you are using one of the new 90 nm socket 939 ("Winchester") CPUs you
    might need a bios update. Of course, if you can't post you can't update the
    bios and if you can't update the bios then you can't post, etc. If have
    read that if you can borrow an older 130 nm CPU then you can post and update
    the bios and then you should be OK from that point. I have the K8T Neo2
    myself with a new 3000+ 90 nm CPU. I have sent the board back to MSI for
    the bios flash. I did not have any friends with a 939 A64 to lend me.

    John McDonnell, Dec 10, 2004

  3. MYOB

    MYOB Guest

    Reflashed Bios to 1.3, nothing else was changed, now up and running,

    and yes they work together after a bit of grinding of teeth...

    MYOB, Dec 10, 2004