MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum - Okay, which heatsink / fan should I get?

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Marc Brown, Sep 19, 2004.

  1. Marc Brown

    Marc Brown Guest

    All of my "expert" friends (meaning they know what they're talking
    about and I don't) have told me the same thing: Get Thermalright
    if you can. Sadly, Thermalright's own webpage confirms that they
    don't have any models which would be compatible with this
    motherboard. Since we're talking about air cooling here, and the
    Athlon 64 isn't exactly an overclocking monster to begin with, I
    don't feel too bad about having to settle for something lesser, as
    I expect the difference between Thermalright and whoever's second
    best is minimal.

    But I'm still at a loss as to what product I should get, heatsink
    wise. I've already been reading hints that any of the Panasonic
    PanaFlo fans would be a good choice, for air-movement-to-noise-level
    ratios, which are at least something of a concern to me. But..
    which heatsink to get? :) What works best, if it's not Thermalright?

    Thanks in advance!

    Marc Brown, Sep 19, 2004

  2. Marc Brown

    Guido Guest