    the CPU so I have to put up with the very annoying, unecessary and loud
    noise this fan produces. Am I missing something, is there a software
    method to slow the northbridge fan? Thanks.

    ChrisR, Sep 4, 2005

  2. Maybe there's no way to slow down the little "nForce4 turbine" for a good
    reason: heat.

    Take a look at:

    http://forums.silentpcreview.com/viewtopic.php?t=19902&start=0&postdays=0

    I replaced the fan on the MSI K8N Neo4 Ultra with the Zalman ZM-NB32J (the
    golden one), but I had to fit a 50x50 fan on it, because the heatsink became
    too hot to touch.

    The MSI default heatsink would probably be so inefficient without its fan,
    or with a slowed fan, that I fear the nForce4 would melt.

    Andrea Parenti, Sep 4, 2005

  3. ChrisR

    ChrisR Guest

    Thanks for the link! I may have to go and mod my NV 5 silencer.

    ChrisR, Sep 4, 2005
  4. ChrisR

    ChrisR Guest

    In the end I just bought a zalman fan mate. This wee adjustable fan
    controller spins the northbridge fan down to inaudible limits (about
    2500 rpm from default 7000) and takes 20 seconds to install. No fire yet.

    ChrisR, Sep 9, 2005