    fans for this board. The ones provided sound like airplane propellers
    and i would like some fans that are much quieter.

    TIA

    NoneOfBusiness, Jul 10, 2004

  2. NoneOfBusiness

    db. Guest

    Tia:
    This might take a little research but, the got all the reviews too

    http://www.frostytech.com/index.cfm

    my 2¢

    db.

    db., Jul 11, 2004

  3. thanks but still nothing. i guess i will keep looking

    NoneOfBusiness, Jul 11, 2004
  4. NoneOfBusiness

    Steve Guest

    Why don't you enable the fan quieting option in the Bios. I have set
    it to 60c and the fan's spin down to a very quiet level within
    minutes.

    I am using dual opterons 240's OCed to 1533mhz with Prime95 running on
    both and the CPU's never go above 60c with the fans spinning slowly
    (quiet).

    The only problem I have is that MBM5 won't run with the bios fan speed
    setting enabled, however the quiet fans are more important for me.

    Steve

    Steve, Jul 12, 2004

  5. I would rather have a quieter system without having to do that and
    have my cpu temps be higher. Right now they are around 38C and 45-46C
    under heavy load.

    Can anyone recommend any replacement fans that will fit on these
    heatsinks? The sinks are ok but a replacement fan would do the trick
    nicely since it doesn't look like i can replace the sinks.

    NoneOfBusiness, Jul 18, 2004