    I'd like to know if I can swap out my FX-51 for an Opteron 248 or 250 and
    that CPU will run by itself fine until I can snag another one to have the
    smooth dual goodness?

    Scotter, May 18, 2004

  2. Scotter

    Boppie Guest

    Usually, on dual processor boards, if you are only using one processor, you
    have to terminal the other processor slot not being used; but I would check
    the MSI site.

    BBoppie

    Boppie, May 20, 2004

  3. Scotter

    Steve Guest

    That's the Intel WAY, not the AMD way. Intel requires it because of
    their SHARED BUS. AMD doesn't because of the Direct Connect
    (Hypertransport) Bus.

    The MSI board can run a single Opteron 2xx with the CPU #1 socket
    open.

    Steve

    Steve, May 21, 2004