MSI K8T-NEO FIS2R and disk access case light question

Discussion in 'MSI' started by DeRanger, Aug 16, 2004.

  1. DeRanger

    DeRanger Guest

    Hi and thanks very much in advance for any assistance...

    I just put together a new system and everything is working beautifully
    except that my HDD access light on the front of the case is not working.
    Actually I know it works because I plugged it into the power LED plugs
    on JFP1 and the light itself works so I'm trying to find out why it
    doesn't illuminate when the HDD works.

    I have the plug from the light plugged into pins 1 & 3 on JFP1 as per
    the manual but as I've said, nothing happens. The power LED is plugged
    into 1 & 5 on JFP2 and works perfectly so I trust the manual.
    I have a Maxtor SATA 200 gig drive connected to SATA1 on the mother
    board and its working like a demon so I'm thinking something in the bios
    perhaps. I wouldn't imagine there would be a jumper for anything like
    this at all...

    Do I need to ensure that any bios settings are intact? I only have my
    DVD/CD ROM drive listed in the Standard CMOS Features (Secondary IDE
    Master) but there is no sign of the HDD in any of the menus although the
    PATA and SATA-IDE controllers are both enabled in Integrated
    Peripherals?

    If anyone could offer any help or suggestions I'd sure appreciate it,
    thanks again!

    DeRanger, Aug 16, 2004

  2. DeRanger

    Chris 159 Guest

    i presume you've tried it on the opposite way round ?

    Chris 159, Aug 16, 2004

  3. DeRanger

    DeRanger Guest

    Yep, both ways.

    DeRanger, Aug 16, 2004
  4. [snip]
    [snip]
    The Problem is the sata-controller, it doesn support this feature.
    This means that there will be no light flashing when your disk works.
    NP.
    Tareq

    Tareq Djamous, Aug 17, 2004
  5. DeRanger

    Paul Walton Guest

    You could use Disk Tray to indicate disk activity.

    A fellow frustrated MSI K8T owner :)

    Regards,

    Paul Walton, Aug 18, 2004
  6. $:

    I'm not the OP, but Ithink i'll have this problem later
    this week when i receive my sata adapter ;)

    Tareq Djamous, Aug 19, 2004
  7. DeRanger

    DeRanger Guest

    Thanks a lot for the tip Paul, that's a great little utility!

    DeRanger, Aug 22, 2004
  8. Ok, I was wrong :/ I got my PATA2SATA adapter this week. The light is still
    flashing 8)

    Tareq Djamous, Aug 24, 2004
  9. DeRanger

    DeRanger Guest

    What is this and where do I get one? =/

    Thanks

    DeRanger, Aug 28, 2004
  10. This is an adapter for EIDE/Parallel ATA Harddisks,
    if you wnat to attach them to a SATA controller.

    Where to get ? Hmmm... almost every computer shop.
    Description, www.abit.com -> serillel 2 adapter.

    Tareq Djamous, Aug 30, 2004
  11. DeRanger

    DeRanger Guest

    I suppose it nullifies the performance gains of a SATA drive in the
    first place just to have an LED though?

    DeRanger, Aug 30, 2004