MSI "K8T Neo-FIS2R No BIOS found

Discussion in 'MSI' started by nielsenscott, Sep 27, 2004.

  1. nielsenscott

    nielsenscott Guest

    MSI "K8T Neo-FIS2R
    Athlon 64 3000+
    cosair value select 512 pc 3200
    ATI 9600XT
    WD 80GB 7200 8mb IDE drive

    Just put this system together yesterday. Have had a few problems so
    far. First problem i'm not using SATA drives and when the sysem boots
    up it posts an error No BIOS found. and some messages about no SATA.
    Do I need to disable SATA on the MB since i'm not using it and not
    planing on it? and if so how?

    Second I installed Windows XP corp have had several programs stop
    responding and the cpu shoots up to 100% untill i get everything
    closed and reboot, which takes a while with the cpu at 100. dont now
    for sure what is causing the lockup so far doing the same thing twice
    doesn't cause it to happen again. just random for now.

    thanks

    nielsenscott, Sep 27, 2004

  2. nielsenscott

    ken Guest

    Just ignore the no BIOS message, I've had no problems because of it.

    Sorry, but no idea on the XP issue. I've been running XP on this board
    since April (upgraded to SP2 in middle of August) with no problems.

    ken

    ken, Sep 27, 2004

  3. First problem i'm not using SATA drives and when the sysem boots

    Yes you can disable the Sata controller somewhere into the depths of the
    BIOS configs. It will boost up the boot up time I did this too.
    You can also disable the Promise RAID controller if you dont use it. It
    will boost up the boot up time too.

    Patrick Stohri, Sep 27, 2004
  4. nielsenscott

    BF Guest

    Did you install the Raid drivers using F6 when installing XP?

    BF, Sep 28, 2004