MSI KT4 SATA (use as standard stand alone drive)

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Woody, Jul 6, 2004.

  1. Woody

    Woody Guest

    I was trying to relocate my Maxtor SATA from my KT7 machine, where it
    ran as a stand alone drive, to my KT4 machine to operate in the same
    capacity. The KT4 machine is WinXP Pro. I turned on the controller in
    the bios, ran live update to get the appropriate drivers and then
    installed the drive.

    When the Promise controller searches, during boot, it does not find
    anything and I don't want to configure an array. I have data on the
    drive and only want to use it for simple storage, not raid usage.
    However, Windows is not seeing the drive.

    I have read through these page over and over and I confused, can I run
    this single SATA drive simply as a stand alone drive without any raid
    association as I did on the KT6? If so how. Disk manager is NOT
    finding the drive.

    Thanks

    Woody

    Woody, Jul 6, 2004

  2. Woody

    db. Guest

    Hi Wood:
    I don't have your problem(yours is a little more complex) but I'm
    running 2 pata drives and 1 sata drive in a non-array. I hadda monkey
    around with the bios until the box saw it. if it didn't see it i reset
    the cmos(the short-out pin) and started over. my prob was if it saw the
    sata and patas it wouldn't see the CD-roms/rw. its working now all 6 drives.

    my2ยข

    db.

    db., Jul 9, 2004

  3. Woody

    molitar Guest

    I too am having this problem.. I'm really starting to HATE MSI
    products. Damn my distributor for being backordered on the Asus
    boards. I have two SATA Drives both with data that I can NOT afford
    to lose.. ran as seperate drives.. and a standard IDE drive for my
    Operating system drive.. I have read everything.. I can not find
    anything on this.

    molitar, Jul 17, 2004