    is in fact a 2200xp

    What is going on?

    Thanks, falker

    Falker, Jan 4, 2004

  2. Falker

    Wes Newell Guest

    Interesting. The "u" at the end of the pn says the default vcore is 1.60v
    and also says this may well be a tbred B core (a good thing). This can be
    confirmed with a cpuid of 681, or by the stepping code ending with a B
    (just before date code). The default multiplier is 13.5 (not the clock
    speed) and for default speed of 1800MHz the FSb should be set to 133MHz.
    Try setting FSB to 133 and see what happens. raise vcore to 1.65v if the
    board allows it. If it still won't boot, then I'd look at ram settings and
    manually set the ram bus to 133MHz also with cas 3. Even the cheapest of
    333ddr ram should run at 133Mhz without a hitch. You might also make sure
    the PS is big enough. 300w should boot it, but I'd go for at least 400w
    for stability. When you change the FSb to 133, make sure you also change
    the divider to 4 (if required). If it's a B core cpu you should be able to
    run it at 166Mhz with enough vcore. Don't try in between FSb values like
    120. They may throw the buses out of whack. Stay at 100, 133, 166 until
    you find the problem, then you can mess with the FSb if you want.

    Wes Newell, Jan 4, 2004

  3. Falker

    Falker Guest

    Thanks for the imput, it turned out to be the primary video adapter
    setting but I did put the barton core cpu in my msi kt4 and try to run it
    at 133 but it wouldn't boot. Would you happen to know of a site where I
    can read about bios settings to get this to boot at 166?
    I have a 2200 xp barton , msi kt4 ultra mobo, 512 samsung 333, msi 128
    meg gf4 4200 video.
    Thanks again
    falker

    Falker, Jan 5, 2004
  4. Falker

    Wes Newell Guest

    The MB manual should explain the settings.
    First I've heard of a 2200+ Barton. It's probably a tbred core (256K
    cache), cpuid 680 or 681.

    Wes Newell, Jan 5, 2004