MSI Kt6 Delta 2nd SCSI problem

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Doug Stone, Nov 9, 2003.

  1. Doug Stone

    Doug Stone Guest

    I have a HP Photosmart scanner I have been using with a SIIG AP10 SCSI
    adapter on my old motherboard. My Kt6 board is up and running stable
    but when I put the AP10 in I get messages that the broadcom lan can't
    obtain a dhcp address and then the system usually reboots.

    My system is configured as

    MSI KT6 Delta
    AMD Barton 2800+
    1 gig Simpletech PC3200 ram
    WD SATA drive as primary
    WD 100 gig secondary drive
    Seagate 40 gig 3rd drive
    CD rom
    CD burner

    I emailed SIIG and they suggested I get a newer card. I purchased an
    AP20 Pro card but I get same result.

    Is it because the SATA appears to be SCSI?

    Anyone have an idea where to get a SCSI card that will work? The main
    thing I require is a 50 pin minidin connector external for the scsi
    cable to the scanner

    Doug Stone, Nov 9, 2003