    Looking to buy this board.
    MSI KT6V-LSR

    ...any comments from someone who has bought one.

    Mark, Aug 4, 2004

  2. Mark

    Ski Guest

    Looking to buy this board.
    How about three of 'em?
    works well with bargain RAM,
    stable as a brick, easy to set up.

    It's the board I use when I want the damn thing to work THE FIRST TIME,
    Got one in a business setting running 24/7 since last year, no problem other
    than heat...which I fixed by putting a 60mm-80mm adapter on the retail heatsink
    with a cheap 80mm fan.

    Ski
    "The only way to find out how far is too far...
    is to go there"
    (remove spleen to e-mail)

    Ski, Aug 5, 2004

  3. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Have you done any overclocking with them?..this will be my first MSI board.

    Mark, Aug 5, 2004
  4. Mark

    Ski Guest

    MSI KT6V-LSR Via chipset drivers ver. 4.51
    AMIBios 1.70
    AND 3200+/400mhz / thermalright SLK-900 92mm tornado 44C idle @3000RPM
    12 X [email protected] rock stable
    2X512m Kingmax MPWC22D-38 PC3500 running at pc3200 @2.70V
    MSI FX5900XT VTD-128 / MSI drivers 53.30 / bios 4.35.20.38.00 @1.55V
    Antec truecontrol 550W +5v-40A +12v-24A +3.3v-32A
    1-Western Digital WD360GD SATA port0
    1-Western Digital WD1000JB IDE2
    1- Plextor Premium IDE1
    Windows XP SP1 all updates
    3dmark 2001se - 17518
    3dmark 2003 - 5563
    aquamark 03 - 41286

    Ski, Aug 5, 2004
  5. Mark

    JonMaC Guest

    I have one - easy to setup/connect etc - worked first time with everything.
    Am using relatively cheap (not unbranded mind) 2700 RAM, XP2500 Barton.
    Can't recommend enough - if I was buying one now (had mine for 6mths) would
    get the upgraded version (FISR ??) with Firewire & Gigabit LAN - only did'nt
    on cost grounds but prices have come down since (from EBuyer in UK).

    Don't overclock mine as a rule as don't really need to - but have clocked
    upto 200fsb which roughly equates to AMD 3000/3200 I think.

    HTH JonMaC

    JonMaC, Aug 5, 2004