MSI Mega 651 - Not booting - Long beep (pause) long beep

Discussion in 'MSI' started by njohn, May 22, 2004.

  1. njohn

    njohn Guest

    Does anyone know what this post error is?

    I have:
    MSI MEGA 651 Barebone
    Intel Pentium 4 2.8B GHz 533FSB S478 Retail Full Package
    Samsung PC2700 333Mhz DDR 512MB 64X64
    WESTERN DIGITAL 160GB 7200RPM EIDE HARD DRIVE MODEL# WD1600BB

    Which I think should work (in theory. However when I try to power the
    system on I get a long beep a pause and then another long beep. To
    narrow the problem down, I've disconencted the DVD, and HD - same
    problem.

    I'm assuming it might be the memory becuase when I remove the memory
    and just power on with the processor I get the same beeping. When I
    remove the processor I get nothing (as expected).

    I think the chipset on the system board is an SiS 651. If the memory
    is a problem, What memory should I be using with this system?

    Thanks for any help!
    Nate

    njohn, May 22, 2004

  2. njohn

    ikr Guest

    = not properly seated ram. With my board you really have to push the stick
    in hard along its length to seat it properly.

    ikr, May 23, 2004

  3. njohn

    smokeycarr

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    njohn,

    Did you ever find a solution to your problem? I am having the same problem. I think I might have pushed down too hard on the motherboard and might have a hair line crack somewhere.

    If you found a solution please let me know before I purchase a replacement.

    Thanks.

    SmokeyCarr

    smokeycarr, Nov 21, 2007