MSI (Micro Star) MS-6701

Discussion in 'MSI' started by burrelld, Apr 27, 2007.

1. burrelld

burrelld

I've searched and searched but can find no information on the MSI (Micro Star) MS-6701 motherboard.

I downloaded a PDF file that the MSI site "said" covered the MS-6701 motherboard (MS 5000 manual), but that was for a 478 pin P4 processor with three simm slots. I have 2 simm slots and, I think, a 423 pin P4 processor, but am not really sure...That PDF file is like a having manual for a Chevy when I own a Ford.

I wish to step up to a 2.8 P4 CPU or even a 3.0 from the present 2.4 P4 CPU, but won't until I can find the true specs for the MS-6701 motherboard in my computer. The garbage information included in the paperwork I received with the computer states that I can upgrade it to those faster CPU's.But, now that I wish to do it, I can not get any reliable information on the board that I do have.

Neither the Medion site, which built the computer, nor the MSI site which built the motherboard, has any info listed for my setup which was assembled in September of 2004.

Does anyone have any info on this board?

Thanks...

burrelld, Apr 27, 2007
  2. burrelld

MS-6701

Yep, I have one of these boards and running into the same situation "no information available". I have used 2 different internet based services that have remotely query my machine and given RAM recommendations; one said I had 3 slots for RAM expansion the other said 2, suspect we both know the answer when we split the cases. I just popped for a $150 on a new graphics card, the other gave up the ghost, so I went with the GeForce 7600 Super Clock, having some issues perhaps I should have gone with another MBO. Sure would like some data...

MS-6701, Dec 18, 2007
  3. burrelld

GGale

Hope this helps

I found this pdf because I have been having issues as well.
    http: //217.110.237.70/Manuals/6701-engl%20v1.0-%20MS-6701.pdf

sorry it wouldn't let me post the link so I put spaces in the URL to get around that

good luck.

GGale, Jul 22, 2010
Ask a Question