    What happened to the manual settings for both the onboard Gigabit Ethernet
    and the onboard Firewire? Anyone else missing those settings?

    Phil.

    Phil, Sep 20, 2003

  2. Greetings,

    MSI's bios is flacky, just reboot, enter setup, goto
    Integrated Peripherals, and they will re-appear, as if
    by magic.

    Hope the above helps

    Best Regards

    Imad R. Faiad

    Imad R. Faiad, Sep 20, 2003

  3. Phil

    M Guest

    v1.8 is flacky to be sure, the ICH5 RAID options cannot be set, the ICH5
    RAID configuration screen does not appear, native mode cannot be set.....I'd
    say v1.8 is a bummer and should not be used. I hope they fix it soon.

    M, Sep 20, 2003
  4. Phil

    Jim Farulla Guest

    Agreed, it was a little flacky at first look but I did finally get my
    SATA raid to enable and work. Uisng 2 Raptor's in a RAID 0
    configuration.

    Jim Farulla, Sep 20, 2003
  5. Phil

    M Guest

    I've also got two Raptor's on the ICH5 RAID, was there anything specific
    that you did to get this working with v1.8?

    M, Sep 20, 2003
  6. Phil

    Denis Mahony Guest

    Come back Scott. All is forgiven ;)

    Denis Mahony, Sep 20, 2003
  7. Phil

    jaeger Guest

    Native mode CAN be set, you're just not doing it right. The CORRECT way
    is:

    Native
    ****SATA ONLY****(NOT PATA + SATA)
    PATA Keep Enabled
    PATA Both channels

    This is for Native mode under XP/2k. It's not intuitive, but it is
    correct by Intel standards.

    jaeger, Sep 20, 2003