MSI Neo2 Athlon 64 and hibernate problem

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Neil, Dec 29, 2004.

  1. Neil

    Neil Guest

    Has anyone had any problems with hibernation on this board? I suspect
    the problem is my old GeForce 2 Nvidia card but the machine won't come
    out of hibernation! Just get a blank screen.

    Have tried updating the drivers for the GeForce 2 Nvidia card (66.93 i
    think) and the BIOS but still no luck.

    However, since my old Athlon Thunderbird system also wouldn't
    hibernate with the same card I believe I may have answered my
    problems.

    Any similar experiences would be welcome.

    Merry Xmas

    PS. Whats the difference between S1 POS and S3 STR (Suspend to RAM i
    presume). Didn't really understand it in the manual!

    Neil, Dec 29, 2004

  2. Neil

    CoCo Guest

    Neil skrev:
    hi

    my neo2 do hibernate ok! ati 9700 pro...

    s1 -> hd ,s3 -> ram

    s3 need to aktive in bios before you install the os!

    coco

    CoCo, Dec 29, 2004

  3. Neil

    coldcase14 Guest

    coldcase14, Dec 31, 2004
  4. Neil

    coldcase14 Guest

    Why would i need to change the bios before i install the os? Surely you
    can change the bios after Win xp is installed??? [sorry if this message
    is posted twice]

    coldcase14, Dec 31, 2004