    will be put back?

    Thank you,
    Joe Hesse

    Joe Hesse, Oct 11, 2007

  2. Joe Hesse

    Harry Syme Guest

    write to them and maybe they will fix it in 1.20

    :eek:)

    Harry Syme, Oct 19, 2007

  3. Joe Hesse

    Joe Hesse Guest

    I wrote to MSI and they ignore me. I wrote to AMI and they say I should
    contact MSI. I wrote an editor of PC Magazine and got no response.
    I made a mistake about the version, the current version is 1.3 and it still
    has the problem.
    Joe

    Joe Hesse, Oct 20, 2007
  4. Joe Hesse

    Harry Syme Guest

    "Joe Hesse" <> wrote in message
    >I wrote to MSI and they ignore me. I wrote to AMI and they say I should
    >contact MSI. I wrote an editor of PC Magazine and got no response.
    > I made a mistake about the version, the current version is 1.3 and it
    > still has the problem.
    > Joe
    >
    > "Harry Syme" <> wrote in message
    >> write to them and maybe they will fix it in 1.20
    >>
    >> :eek:)
    >>

    >> "Joe Hesse" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I just got an MSI P35 NeoF motherboard. It works fine. The BIOS that
    >>> comes with the motherboard is AMI and I have the latest version (1.10).
    >>>
    >>> The BIOS does not allow me to set a user password, only a setup
    >>> password. This is a feature that was available in every recent BIOS that
    >>> I have used. For some reason MSI decided to disable this feature.
    >>>
    >>> Has anyone noticed this problem or has information on whether the
    >>> feature will be put back?
    >>>
    >>> Thank you,
    >>> Joe Hesse

    I hear that version 1.4 will accept all passwords except joehesse,
    JoeHesse,Joe_Hesse,joe_hesse

    They hope to fix it in 1.5

    Harry Syme, Nov 10, 2007