Msi p7n sli-fi lga775 (cpu)

Discussion in 'MSI' started by musicfreak865654, Jan 16, 2010.

  1. musicfreak865654

    musicfreak865654

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2010
    Ok. My name is Rob and I am most definitely a noob at this. My problem is I do not know a ton about CPU's, only what I read and understood with some research. My hope is that with the information I can provide someone can help me pick the best CPU for my machine based on spec's and price.

    I have:

    * 9800 GT Graphics Card
    * Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Sound Card
    *NVIDIA Barebone:
    * MSI P7N SLI LGA775 ATX Motherboard
    * Cooler Master NV-334-KWN1-GP Elite 334 nVidia case
    * 650 Watt Power Supply

    * I am Running XP
    * I currently have 2 GB of RAM but plan on upgrading to 4 GB ( and maybe eventually 8GB)
    * 1 TB HD
    * LG - 32" Class / 1080p / 60Hz / LCD HDTV

    So Some of the CPU's I was looking at were:

    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Processor- 2.83GHz, 12MB Cache, 1333MHz FSB, Yorkfield, Quad-Core, Retail, Socket 775, Processor with Fan

    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 Processor - 2.83GHz, 6MB Cache, 1333MHz FSB, Yorkfield, Quad-Core, Retail, Socket 775, Processor with Fan

    Intel Core 2 Duo E7600 Processor - 3.06GHz, 3MB Cache, 1066MHz FSB, Wolfdale-3M, Dual-Core, Retail, Socket 775

    I am not stuck on any one of those, they were just some I was looking at. SO if you have any suggestions I would really appreciate them.

    Thanks a lot

    Rob

    musicfreak865654, Jan 16, 2010