MSI X800 TD256 Problems

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Orion, Jul 17, 2004.

  1. Orion

    Orion Guest

    Hi group

    I have a bought a MSI X800 TD 256 and although it displays the BIOS and the
    Windows XP bootup screen thats as far as it goes. It does not display the
    desktop. The hard drive is running so it is continuing the bootup and the
    power light is on the VDU so it seems to be accepting a signal. I think I
    have connected the power cable ok, one end is attached to PSU and one of the
    other two ends is attached to the card (not sure where the other end is
    supposed to go). The fan on the card is spinning ok.

    Not sure what else to try, the PSU is 450w so power shouldn`t be an issue.

    Any ideas?

    THX

    Gareth

    Orion, Jul 17, 2004

  2. Orion

    Remo-Shiva Guest

    Hi,

    Don't know if this is what is happening to you, but I put a graphics card in
    my pc and got the same thing, I solved it by going into windows in VGA mode
    (press F8 at bootup), then I delted the old drivers for my old card then
    installed the drivers for the new card, then when rebooting go back into VGA
    mode and setup my card resolution and stuff like that then, after rebooting
    it went staight into windows as normal. The card I put in was the ATI 7000
    32mb and the card it replaced was the 9800 XT.

    good luck
    Shiva

    Remo-Shiva, Jul 17, 2004

  3. Orion

    Jeff B Guest

    What is a MSI x800 TD 256? x800 pro, or X800xt?

    Jeff B

    Jeff B, Jul 17, 2004
  4. Orion

    Jeff B Guest

    Have you tried booting into safe mode?
    Do you have both o the IDE power connectors attached to the card?

    Jeff B

    Jeff B, Jul 17, 2004
  5. Orion

    Orion Guest

    The power cable has 3 ends, one for the card, one for the PSU but no idea
    where the other goes as there is no place that I can see for it to go.

    Orion, Jul 18, 2004
  6. Orion

    Jeff B Guest

    What power cable?

    Jeff B

    Jeff B, Jul 18, 2004
  7. Orion

    Orion Guest

    The power cable that attaches one end to the PSU and the other to the card.

    I have tried booting to VGA mode in Windows XP but still get a black screen
    after the Windows XP startup screen. Also upgraded the main board bios to
    the latest version (main board is MSI K8T Neo FISR)

    Orion, Jul 19, 2004