    configuration issue????

    thanks
    rob

    Rob, Sep 11, 2005

  2. Rob

    Jan Wagner Guest

    Which JTAG adapter are you using? Are you building the Release or
    Debug configuration in IAR? I.e. does the linker output file format
    contain debug info? To rule out probs with IAR or JTAG you could
    also try the NoICE 430 JTAG flasher and debugger (30 day eval):
    http://www.noicedebugger.com/download/noice_84_MSP430.exe

    - Jan

    Jan Wagner, Sep 11, 2005

  3. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Jan, I'm using a home brew version of the Olimex JTAG hooked to a test board
    fitted with an 'F149, I've also got a MSP-FET-430x11x board. Both behave the
    same way when loaded with the corresponding example code.

    Under <PROJECTS> -> <TARGET> the target is set to debug. I've also checked
    the CSPY device description files pointed to from <TOOLS> <OPTIONS> CSPY
    SETUP tab and these are correct.

    I've got access to a another machine with IAR installed, I might try it on
    that machine. Thanks for the pointer to NoIce s/w.
    regards
    rob

    Rob, Sep 11, 2005
  4. Check that you built with the DEBUG configuration, as opposed to the
    RELEASE configuration under project options.

    --Gene

    Gene S. Berkowitz, Sep 12, 2005