msp430 jtag: does usb = parallel + par-to-usb cable?

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by 4MLA1FN, Mar 13, 2007.

  1. 4MLA1FN

    4MLA1FN Guest

    4MLA1FN, Mar 13, 2007

  2. 4MLA1FN

    4MLA1FN Guest

    ooops. posted wrong link:

    http://tinyurl.com/2qgtxf

    4MLA1FN, Mar 13, 2007

  3. 4MLA1FN

    Don McKenzie Guest

    great for standard printers, and I figure no chance of working to a
    programmer without a software rewrite of the driver.

    Don...

    --
    Don McKenzie
    E-Mail Contact Page: http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

    Crystal clear, super bright OLED LCD (128x128) for your microcontroller.
    Simple serial RX/TX interface. Many memory sizes.
    http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16460

    No More Damn Spam: http://www.wizard-of-oz.com

    Don McKenzie, Mar 13, 2007
  4. 4MLA1FN

    larwe Guest

    In general, no. The USB to parallel cables don't provide a fully
    virtualized parallel port.

    larwe, Mar 13, 2007
  5. 4MLA1FN

    4MLA1FN Guest

    okay, i figure it was too good to be true. i'll get the real usb
    version. thanks alot for the input.

    4MLA1FN, Mar 13, 2007
  6. 4MLA1FN

    4MLA1FN Guest

    hi don. thanks alot for the advise. i'll get the usb fet.

    4MLA1FN, Mar 13, 2007
  7. 4MLA1FN

    CBFalconer Guest

    Why do people use these 'tinyurl's? They give no warning as to
    what they are connecting to, and I have no idea what their
    half-life is, but I suspect it is fairly short.

    CBFalconer, Mar 14, 2007
  8. In my experience, that is exactly why: they point to something
    you wouldn't click on if you knew what it really was.

    Grant Edwards, Mar 14, 2007
  9. 4MLA1FN

    4MLA1FN Guest

    sorry. just a habit i've gotten into to avoid urls wrapping, etc. you
    raise a good point though.

    4MLA1FN, Mar 14, 2007